Armstrong Economics Blog/Tyranny Re-Posted Apr 12, 2022 by Martin Armstrong
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has proven time and time again that he is a man of the people. DeSantis signed SB 988, the No Patient Left Alone Act, which guarantees that no one in the state of Florida will be left to die alone in hospitals, hospices, and long-term care facilities. Under the tyrannical COVID laws, countless people were unable to see their loved ones during their final days. This is a malicious and deliberate attempt to force the population to cave to Big Pharma as the medical community can no longer deny that the vaccination does not prevent transmission.
Numerous states still require proof of vaccination or a PCR test to enter medical facilities. A friend of mine recently lost her grandfather, and her 90-year-old grandmother was prohibited from entering the New York-based facility as she was not vaccinated. The PCR results take time to process and are only valid for a few days. There were no final words or hugs goodbye. These laws have deeply punished everyone in our society.
DeSantis is finally putting an end to this unfounded oppression. “Throughout the pandemic, the federal government has waived protections for families to visit their loved ones in hospitals and long-term care facilities. That is unacceptable,” said Governor Ron DeSantis. “Here in Florida, we recognize that family and human connection is one of the most important aspects of physical, mental, and emotional well-being and we are ensuring Floridians are never again denied the right to see their relatives and friends while in hospitals or nursing homes.”
The new law will protect families and loved ones facing the most painful of circumstances:
- End-of-life situations.
- A resident, client, or patient who was living with family before being admitted to the provider’s care is struggling with the change in environment and lack of in-person family support.
- A resident, client, or patient is making one or more major medical decisions.
- A resident, client, or patient is experiencing emotional distress or grieving the loss of a friend or family member who recently died.
- A resident, client, or patient needs cueing or encouragement to eat or drink which was previously provided by a family member or caregiver.
- A resident, client, or patient who used to talk and interact with others is seldom speaking.
- For hospitals, childbirth, including labor and delivery.
- Pediatric patients.
Indeed, the system has also deserted “pediatric patients” due to these unfathomable restrictions. “The No Patient Left Alone Act is about protecting human dignity and compassion,” said Senator Ileana Garcia. This should be protected as a fundamental human right. I do not see this becoming a Federal-level ruling as the Biden Administration wants dissenters to suffer.