Posted originally on the conservative tree house March 30, 2021 | Sundance | 243 Comments
Think about the logical insanity of this position for a moment…. According to the Biden administration the economy is in trouble, people are struggling, and congress needs to spend trillions to bail out state, local and federal governments along with sending income subsidies to all Americans as the economic crisis around COVID continues.
Due to policies on energy, regulation and the COVID virus, simultaneously food prices are going higher, fuel prices are up 30 percent, overall energy prices are rising, transportation costs increasing and the inflationary impact on the middle-class is eating up their limited paychecks.
AT THIS EXACT MOMENT the same administration is now proposing a tax increase.
THINK ABOUT THE LACK OF LOGIC HERE.
(VIA AXIOS) […] The biggest-ticket item would raise the corporate rate from 21% to 28%. That’s worth $730 billion over 10 years, according to the Tax Policy Center. The other three would:
- Impose a global minimum tax on profits from foreign subsidiaries: $550 billion.
- Tax capital gains as regular income for the wealthy and tax unrealized capital gains at death: $370 billion.
- Return the top individual rate for those making more than $400,000 to the pre-Trump rate of 39.6%: $110 billion.
[..] Democrats close to the White House don’t expect Biden to fight as hard for other expected proposals, including one that could raise some $740 billion by imposing new Social Security taxes on the wealthy.
- His campaign plan to impose a 28% minimum rate on the wealthy, which would raise $220 billion, is unlikely to cross the finish line.
- And making it harder for small businesses to claim deductions, which would bring in $140 billion, will likely encounter serious roadblocks.
- Changing the ways estates are taxed, which would raise $220 billion, may not make it into the final legislation. (read more)