Granted, the foundation of America’s Red Guards and the Cancel Culture Movement is not as easily traced as is the CCP’s sponsorship of Mao’s Cultural Revolution
America’s Cancel Culture Revolution has flourished in Big Blue Cities –—most notably Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington —where local and state politicians show their support of America’s Red Guards by dismissing the seriousness of their criminal activities, and ordering their police forces to stand-down.
Previously on this site, the behavioral characteristics of America’s Red Guards were compared to Mao’s Red Guards. The parallels are too obvious to ignore.
China’s Cultural Revolution was not a bottom-up spontaneous movement. It was initiated by the Chinese Community Party (CCP). Here are six quotes from one of the main documents that chronicles their birth.
Excerpts are from the “Circular of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China on the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution,” that was “initiated and led personally by Comrade Mao Zedong,” dated May 16, 1966, [present compared to past]:
- “Our country is now in an upsurge of the great proletarian Cultural [Cancel Culture] Revolution which is pounding at all the decadent ideological and cultural positions still held by the bourgeoisie [white supremacists, Occupy Wall Street 1%ers] and the remnants of feudalism [capitalist slavery].”
- “Comrade Mao Zedong has often told us that the ideological struggle against the bourgeoisie is a protracted [8/2014, Michael Brown, Ferguson, MO riots; 4/2015, Freddie Gray, Baltimore riots] class struggle which cannot be resolved by drawing hasty political conclusions.”
- “Just when we began the counter-offensive against the wild attacks of the bourgeoisie, the authors raised the slogan: ‘everyone is equal before the truth’[All Lives Matter]. This is a bourgeois slogan. Completely negating the class nature of truth, they use this slogan to protect the bourgeoisie and oppose the proletariat, oppose Marxism-Leninism, and oppose Mao Zedong’s thought.”
- “Chairman Mao often says that there is no construction without destruction. Destruction means criticism and repudiation; it means revolution [’fundamentally transform America,’ ‘Don’t let a crisis go to waste’]. It involves reasoning things out, which is construction. Put destruction first [Defund the Police], and in the process you have construction. Marxism-Leninism, Mao Zedong’s thought, was founded and has constantly developed in the course of the struggle to destroy bourgeois ideology.”
- “Our country is now in an upsurge of the great proletarian Cultural[Cancel Culture] Revolution which is pounding at all the decadent ideological and cultural positions still held by the bourgeoisie, and the remnants of feudalism[slavery, inequitable wealth distribution].
- “The basic Marxist thesis is that all class struggles are political struggles.”
America’s Cancel Culture Movement
Which links into this document:
In May, 2007, the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) released a 92pp. report, dated 6 October 1967, entitled “Mao’s Cultural Revolution: Origin and Development,” that chronicles the early years (65-67) of China’s Cultural Revolution.
Its thesis was this:
“This working paper of the DD/I Special Research Staff is an attempt to reconstruct the history of China’s ‘great proletarian Cultural revolution. It presents the thesis that China’s ‘cultural revolution’ is in reality a political revolution designed by Mao Zedong to test the entire apparatus of power (party, government and army) in Communist China and to purge it of all found guilty of opposing his leadership and his programs”
A similar effort to reconstruct the history of American is driving the current political revolution that is America’s Cancel Culture Movement, street-led by America’s Red Guards, who self-admittedly present a combined effort of two groups driven by Communist ideology. That make no effort to hide that bias.
Cancel Culture is no more about the death of George Floyd than Ferguson was about Michael Brown’s death, nor the riots in Baltimore were about the death of Freddie Gray—riots to which then Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake’s response meant she “Gave Those Who Wished to Destroy Space to Do That.” She had the Baltimore PD stand-down. Likewise, Mao retrained his police.
The parallels between Mao’s Cultural Revolution and America’s Cancel Culture movement are not all hard-wired, but they do exist.
Mao used his Red Guards the same way the American Progressive Left is using today’s BLM/Antifa rioters
The 1967 CIA study concluded that the Cultural Revolution was the “final test of the loyalty and trustworthiness of his old ‘comrades-in-arms’…Mao apparently decided at this time to initiate a rectification-purge campaign of a new type—directed at ‘old comrades’ and ‘high-ranking cadres’ holding positions of authority, designed to make the Chinese party, the government apparatus, the military and ultimately the Chinese people once more responsive to his will…The time had come to initiate a massive rectification-purge of the Chinese Communist party as a whole, a purge more extensive and violent than any since the founding of the Chinese People’s Republic in 1949.”
Mao used his Red Guards the same way the American Progressive Left is using today’s BLM/Antifa rioters: To create chaos, disorder and destruction.
Quoting from the CIA 1967 study:
“The Red Guards were in certain respects well suited to discharge the most important task assigned them, that of serving as a combat force, as the army of Mao’s cultural revolution…The very same qualities—of pugnacity, naivete and fanaticism—of its youthful members, however, would soon split the Red Guard organization, gravely impairing its effectiveness as an instrument for purging the party.”
Today’s Democrats are using rioters more disciplined and manageable than were Mao’s. But they can go too far.
For example, the long ordeal in Seattle subsided, not because the Seattle Police Department was released to enforce the law. Not because of pressure from the Seattle citizenry to bring order. It subside only after protestors marched to Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan’s house. That made Jenny mad. And Chad/Chop/Chaz was closed down.
Granted, the foundation of America’s Red Guards and the Cancel Culture Movement is not as easily traced as is the CCP’s sponsorship of Mao’s Cultural Revolution.
But, given the vitriol against the current American President. Given the animosity toward anyone who supports him. Given the Cancel Culture support from Blue State governors, attorney generals, and mayors. All, coincidentally, happening in the midst of a pandemic, on the cusp of a November General Election. When taken together, it suggests that this episode in American history was not planned, funded, and directed by the Knights of Columbus.