Posted originally on the conservative tree house on October 22, 2021 | Sundance | 242 Comments
Earlier today White House Press Secretary Jennifer Psaki falsely claimed a United States President can do nothing about gasoline prices. This is an oft familiar claim by the political left, it is also one of the more transparently false assertions in their arsenal of deceit. First, WATCH:
So what can a U.S. President and administration specifically do?
We have abundant U.S. energy resources. Quite literally the strongest in the entire world.
- Permit the use of preexisting approved leases in ANWAR (Alaska) to put more volume into the Alaskan oil pipeline that is severely underutilized.
- Finish the Dakota access pipeline.
- Re-approve the preexisting energy leases in New Mexico, Arizona, NE Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico.
- Retract the stoppage of the Keystone pipeline to permit efficient oil transport shipments from Canada.
- Stop blocking the expansion of coastal oil refineries in Texas, Louisiana and Alabama (regulatory issue), as well as Northwest, Northeast and Southeast Seaboard.
- Continue to develop natural gas as a clean burning fuel.
- Drive Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) as an export.
None of this requires any approval from OPEC. Strategically the all of the above approach enhances U.S. national security and diminishes the influence of Russia, China and Iran. Within six months of the above, gasoline will plummet.