Published on Jan 18, 2008
Wow, CPL is having a very bad day. [Details Here] The scale of the new grand jury indictments against Avenatti for his alleged criminal behavior is clear; if convicted on all counts he could spend 335 years in prison.
Attorney Michael Avenatti has been charged in a 36-count federal indictment alleging he stole millions of dollars from clients, did not pay his taxes, committed bank fraud and lied in bankruptcy proceedings.
House intelligence committee ranking member Devin Nunes appears on Fox New with Maria Bartiromo to outline the current status of his investigative releases.
According to the interview Representative Nunes will be submitting eight criminal referrals to the Dept. of Justice next week. Five of those referrals are for specific people who participated in the political scheme against candidate, president-elect and President Trump. The remaining three referrals are not person specific, but rather outlines of “conspiracy”:
- One referral is the conspiracy to intentionally falsifying material to the FISA Court in order to gain a Title-One FISA warrant against U.S. person Carter Page; and by extension the political campaign of Donald Trump.
- A second conspiracy referral targets the intentional manipulation of intelligence information; and a conspiracy to weaponize the intelligence apparatus against a political party and presidential candidate, Donald Trump.
- The third conspiracy referral is less specific and pertains to evidence collected that shows a small group of government officials engaged in “global classified intelligence leaks” to the U.S. media and other entities and/or persons.
While we do not know the five individuals referenced, it is possible to overlay the three conspiracy referrals against other investigations.
DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz is already looking into all of the aspects surrounding the DOJ and FBI submission to the FISA court. So, we can reasonably predict AG William Barr will wait to see the outcome of the DOJ-OIG report before taking both files (Nunes and Horowitz) and reviewing.
On the conspiracy to manipulate the intelligence apparatus. That angle will be interesting to watch because it goes to the origin of activity in early 2016. The issues around how Crossfire Hurricane was officially started… and, more importantly, the earlier use of intelligence assets: Joseph Mifsud (Maltese Professor, FBI/CIA asset), Alexander Downer (Australian Diplomat), Stephan Halper (U.K. Academic and FBI/CIA asset), or Charles Tawil (Israeli CIA asset) to make contact with George Papadopoulos, Mike Flynn or Carter Page. Those contacts were covert and (un)official government missions for the weaponized U.S. intelligence apparatus. This is where John Brennan is center-stage.
The last referral relating to specific leaks of classified intelligence – sounds like Nunes is submitting a classified list of only a few people who had access to the direct intelligence product that was leaked. Unfortunately, the ordinary Main Justic approach toward this type of an investigation would be through the DOJ-NSD and FBI Counterintelligence divisions; however, those two intelligence agencies were likely the source of the leaks and the career staff within those sub-agencies are exactly the same as they were when the seditious conspiracy was carried out. That dynamic presents a challenge on a myriad of levels.
One of the impossible to answer issues surrounds Mueller and Rosenstein controlling the evidence, via the Mueller ‘small group’ (19 lawyers, 40 FBI agents, and a host of support staff) investigation in the past two years. No-one knows whether Michael Horowitz was actually given access to direct evidence, I doubt he was; and no-one knows if that direct evidence was shaped, modified or altered prior to his review, I think it likely was.
If Mueller and Rosenstein plus 19 lawyers, 40 FBI agents and additional staff and career officials, have engaged in this operation for the past three years (they have), what is the likelihood this crew would expose themselves to jeopardy with an expose’ of evidence -against their interests- made available to the inspector general? Methinks the probability is very low.
I fear we are going to get an IG report, yes, even on FISA submissions, that shows “customary department standards, rules, processes and procedures were not being followed” etc. etc. etc.
At which time those who engaged in the corruption will deploy the Susan Rice letter….
…”we were in uncharted territory, and customary departmental rules, processes and procedures were not equipped to deal with a political campaign, president-elect and incoming President/Administration who were likely under the control of the Russian government”… “we couldn’t take the chance of being wrong”…. “we had to act as if that possibility was true”…. “so we tried to keep everything by the book, yet we needed to be mindful of the White House as an adversarial entity”…
Into this narrative Nadler, Schiff, Cummings and Pelosi will say: “my God, those poor intelligence officials and what they suffered through to protect our country. If President Trump had not violated every rule of ethical political conduct, the intelligence apparatus would not have been under such pressure. It’s Trump’s fault….. impeach!!”
… or something like that.
The media will do the rest.
♦ Prove the July 31st, 2016, Crossfire Hurricane operation originated from fraud by exposing the CIA operation that created the originating “Electronic Communication” memo. Declassify that two-page “EC” document that Brennan gave to Comey.
♦ Reveal the November 2015 through April 2016 FISA-702 search query abuse by declassifying the April 2017 court opinion written by FISC Presiding Judge Rosemary Collyer. Show the FBI contractors behind the 85% fraudulent search queries. [Crowdstrike? Fusion-GPS? Nellie Ohr?]
♦ Subpoena former DOJ-NSD (National Security Division) head John Carlin, or haul him in front of a grand jury, and get his testimony about why he hid the abuse from the FISA court in October 2016; why the DOJ-NSD rushed the Carter Page application to beat NSA Director Admiral Mike Rogers to the FISA court; and why Carlin quit immediately thereafter. Squeeze this bastard’s nuts in the proverbial legal vise.
♦ Prove the Carter Page FISA application (October 2016) was fraudulent and based on deceptions to the FISA Court. Declassify the entire document, and release the transcripts of those who signed the application(s); and/or depose those who have not yet testified.
♦ Release all of the Lisa Page and Peter Strzok text messages without redactions. Let sunlight pour in on the actual conversation(s) that were taking place when Crossfire Hurricane (July ’16) and the FISA Application (Oct ’16) were taking place.
♦ Release all of Bruce Ohr 302’s, FBI notes from interviews and debriefing sessions, and other relevant documents associated with the interviews of Bruce Ohr and his internal communications. Including exculpatory evidence that Bruce Ohr may have shared with FBI Agent Joseph Pientka. [And get a deposition from this Pientka fella]
Armstrong Economics Blog/Gov’t Incompetence
Re-Posted Apr 8, 2019 by Martin Armstrong
It is time that We the People demand reform in the Judicial System. Enough is enough. Former US army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning has been thrown into Solitary Confinement to break her no different than any third world country would do to torture a person. Just because judges claim to have this self-anointed power, does not make it comport with the Constitution or basic human rights. I am asking that EVERYONE reading this send it to EVERY politician in EVERY country to put political pressure on the United States both from within and internationally. This practice of contempt is a disgrace and it proves that the United States has ABSOLUTELY no basis to criticize any country for violating human rights when our own judges do not respect such principles.
Print & Mail
Why is this so important to take a few minutes to forward this PDF to every politician worldwide? Besides saving the life of someone you do not know, Chelsea Manning, there is also a lot more at stake. Under French law, nobody in a family can be compelled to testify against another. It is not limited to just your wife or a priest as in the United States. Not even a brother-in-law can be forced to testify against someone in a family to which they are not even blood-related.
In the United States, they can throw you in contempt for refusing to testify against your children or your children can be thrown in contempt for refusing to testify against a parent or a brother or sister. The ONLY privilege recognized by US courts is that of your wide or clergy. The U.S. Supreme Court has recognized the continued vitality of several privileges based on confidential relationships, such as the attorney-client privilege, the spousal privilege, as well as the more recently recognized psychotherapist-patient privilege, under Rule 501. In Jaffee v. United States, the court noted that such privileges are “rooted in the imperative need for confidence and trust.”
It is time we DEMAND that the family comes before the state and as such, no member of a family should ever be thrown in prison for refusing to testify against ANY other member.
Please – for all our sakes; for this PDF to every politician, you can think of.
Copy & Paste this Link
Armstrong Economics Blog/Politics
Re-Posted Apr 4, 2019 by Martin Armstrong
One of the most ruthless and unconstitutional powers federal judges have is to throw people into contempt until they break. The press NEVER reports the truth about the US legal system; they ALWAYS defend the government no matter what. They love to throw you into solitary confinement where the vast majority of prisoners commit suicide. It takes a strong mind and an even stronger will to stand up to judges who have not a shred of humanity in their souls if they even have one still remaining. In my case, Judge Richard Owen kept joking about a Steven Schiffer who never appealed what he did to him, saying he was never over-ruled. When he kept making jokes about this fellow, I asked my lawyer, “Who was Schiffer?” They said you don’t want to know. I said, “Tell me!” Judge Owen took all his lawyers away, mentally tortured Schiffer, and he committed suicide. This judge thought it was funny.
Former US army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning is jailed also on pretend powers of contempt that are against every principle of liberty ever dreamed of by the Founding Fathers of the American Constitution. Courts have usurped this power of contempt under the theory that English judges had that power in common law. It is totally inconsistent with the fact that we had a revolution against such tyranny. Insult a judge and you go to jail. You must address him as “your honor,” pretending he is honorable when he does not even respect human rights.
US district judge Claude M. Hilton threw Chelsea Manning into solitary confinement, which is TORTURE, for refusing to testify to a grand jury investigating WikiLeaks. Chelsea Manning was thrown into a dark cell of solitary confinement where they can make the conditions so hot that wearing even underwear is too much, or so cold that you can see your breath. Judges always rule in their own self-interest of power that this is not torture like waterboarding. If they do not leave a mark on your body, they conveniently claim this is not torturing a person. Any normal person would consider torture to be (1) the action or practice of inflicting severe pain, mental or bodily, on someone as a punishment, (2) to force them to do or say something, or (3) for the pleasure of the person inflicting the pain. Webster’s dictionary defines torture as:
Judge Hilton threw Chelsea Manning in contempt of court and ordered her jailed, yet she confirmed she has no intention of testifying based upon her political beliefs that should be protected by the First Amendment. She told the judge she “will accept whatever you bring upon me.”
Manning has refused to testify because she objects to the secrecy of the grand jury process, and already revealed everything she knows at her court-martial. Nevertheless, this judge said she will remain jailed in his torture chamber of horrors until she testifies or until the grand jury concludes its work, which could be years.
Manning turned over a vast trove of military and diplomatic documents to WikiLeaks and it shows how the government violated the fundamental law of humanity and constantly lies to the people. WikiLeaks made those documents that exposed illegal activities public back in 2010. Chelsea served seven years of a 35-year military sentence and was freed after former President Barack Obama commuted her sentence. I have to admit that perhaps the only thing I find agreement with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is the fact that she is calling for the release of whistleblower Chelsea Manning, who has been in solitary confinement for 26 days after refusing to testify before a grand jury. She has stated the Manning’s current imprisonment was “torture,” and that the former Army intelligence analyst should be released on bail.
The point of this whole exercise is the judge can simply claim he does not believe you. You are notentitled to a trial by jury because they also claim they are not “punishing” you for a crime, they are “coercing” you and therefore since they do not call it a “crime” you have no constitutional rights to a trial by jury. They can keep you there until you die under the pretense it is coercion and not punishment.
In my case, not only did the court refuse to give me a list of what I was to turn over, but the judge put me in prison to stop the trial. After 20 years, part of the nearly $3 million in coins I could not find was bought by a dealer in Philadelphia for $6,000 cash. That dealer then stuck them in a safe deposit box and tried to sell them with the help of an auction house in Texas. Under the law of contempt, the person is supposed to refuse to do something. When I asked for a list of what it was I was supposed to do, they said they would take photos of what they had and I could tell them what was missing to regain my own freedom.
Of course, the court never provided any photographs. My case illustrates just how contempt powers can be abused for political purposes. I was never provided any specific order on January 14th, 2000, they never said, “Do this and you will be released.” It is not whether Chelsea Manning even has anything. She objects to the secrecy of the entire proceeding and could be thrown in prison until she dies. And this is a country that criticizes China for human rights violations?
In my case, there was never a trial or even a discussion of who owned any property. The receiver was simply given “custody,” and there was never a trial. I probably would have died in contempt of court had I not petitioned the Supreme Court. After 20 years, the nonsense over the coins for which I was held in contempt were sold for $6,000 cash by some worker to a Philadelphia dealer. This entire affair proves my contempt was bogus to turnover something they refused to define and which I believed had been stolen to begin with.
The government is NOT the sovereign of this nation — we are. Therefore, any whistleblower is NOT committing treason since we are the sovereign, not the government. Indeed, people like Manning and Snowden are seeking to expose that the government is acting illegally AGAINST the true sovereign which is none other than we the people. This distinction has been stated by the Supreme Court very plainly stated in LEGAL TENDER CASES, 110 U.S. 421 (1884) (also referred to as Julliard v Greenman):
“… there is no such thing as a power of inherent sovereignty in the government of the United States. It is a government of delegated powers, supreme within its prescribed sphere, but powerless outside of it. In this country, sovereignty resides in the people, and Congress can exercise no power which they have not, by their constitution, entrusted to it; all else is withheld.”
The people pursuing Manning and Snowden are the real traitors to the people trying to protect the illegal actions of the government. We really should DEMAND that the power of contempt be eliminated from US law once and for all. It is an easy way to imprison people for political purposes. In my case, the bankers wanted Princeton shutdown because they argued we had more influence and they would lose money in their manipulations because we would expose them. When someone else stepped up and offered to rent Princeton to keep the forecasting going, the court refused. They demanded I turn over the source code to Socrates(1). ALL the statements made in the movie “The Forecaster” could not be made unless they were proven with documentation to satisfy Lloyds of London to provide insurance against slander.
I am asking everyone with a pen to write to Congress and Trump demanding Chelsea Manning be released and contempt powers be repealed by Congress. Judges should NOT have such a power that circumvents all human rights under the pretense of discretion. Now that Trump has gotten a taste of how corrupt the legal system is, perhaps he is ready to defend the Constitution and human rights against such outright abuse.
Here’s an update to a story we covered in detail for quite a while. [All Rsearch Backstory Threads Available Here] After four years of seriously sketchy prosecutorial conduct, likely trying to cover up the number of people killed by police and SWAT units as they shot into the crowd, the McLennen county district attorney has dropped all charges against the bikers involved in the Waco “Twin Peaks” brawl.
That means the old DA and the new DA were not able to achieve a single successful prosecution of any of the 177 bike club members, after the entire group was originally rounded up and locked in jail on $1 million bonds.
This thing was FUBAR from the beginning with nine bikers killed, twenty more shot and injured, and the police trying to say they only fired 12 rounds. Transparent nonsense made even worse when the police refused to allow the CCTV video to be released or used by the defense teams of those arrested. Total nonsense. Initially CTH graphed out hundreds of shell casings and it was clear the heavily armed police just opened fire into the crowd from three positions. Some victims were shot while they were cowered in corners.
TEXAS – Almost four years after nine bikers were killed and 20 were injured during a shootout at the former Twin Peaks restaurant in Waco, McLennan County District Attorney Barry Johnson said Tuesday he will dismiss all criminal cases against the remaining 24 defendants charged in the midday brawl.
Johnson’s decision Tuesday means that no one will be held accountable for the multiple deaths or injuries or for the chaotic battle between heavily armed, rival motorcycle clubs waged in a crowded shopping center parking lot while families were on their way to lunch after Sunday church.
In announcing his decision, Johnson said it is time to “end this nightmare that we have been dealing with in this county since May 17, 2015.”
“There were nine people who were killed on that fateful day in Waco, Texas, and 20 injured, all of whom were members of rival motorcycle clubs/gangs, and the loss of life is a difficult thing,” Johnson said. “But after looking over the 24 cases we were left with, it is my opinion as your district attorney that we are not able to prosecute any of those cases and reach our burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt.” (read more)
Published on Mar 29, 2019
CTH is finding it difficult to dismiss the likelihood that both Democrat and Republican corporate club members are intentionally working to make the border crisis worse in an effort to fracture the base of support for President Trump… That purchased approachseems in line with Tom Donohue’s Big Club strategy.
Earlier today President Trump tweeted about the growing crisis at the U.S-Mexico border. Additionally this follows after he answered a press question yesterday about closing some of the border entry points:
Q Mr. President, if you close the border, would it be to all trade? Would you close the border to trade?
THE PRESIDENT: It could be to all trade. Mexico is making absolutely a fortune with the United States. They have a trade surplus of over $100 billion, which is far bigger than anybody understands. They’ve had it for many years. And either they’re going to stop — they have the strongest immigration laws anywhere in the world. And we have the weakest, the most pathetic laws. Number one, Congress has to act. And number two, Mexico — they make so much money from the United States and so many other things, so many other assets, they have to grab it and they have to stop it.
We have, right now, two big caravans coming up from Guatemala. Massive caravans walking right through Mexico. So, Mexico is tough. They can stop them, but they chose not to. Now they’re going to stop them. And if they don’t stop them, we’re closing the border. They’ll close it. And we’ll keep it closed for a long time. I’m not playing games. Mexico has to stop it. They have people coming right through Mexico. It’s a long, very dangerous journey. Mexico sends busses, they send trucks, they do absolutely — they started, at one point, a little bit — stopping. They don’t do anything to stop it right now.
So the caravan has formed. I’ve ended payments to Guatemala, to Honduras, and to El Salvador. No money goes there anymore. We were giving them $500 million. We were giving them tremendous aid. We stopped payment to Honduras, to Guatemala, and to El Salvador. We were paying them tremendous amounts of money, and we’re not paying them anymore because they haven’t done a thing for us.
They set up these caravans. In many cases, they put their worst people in the caravan; they’re not going to put their best in. They get rid of their problems. And they march up here, and then they’re coming into their country; we’re not letting them in our country.
Our Border Patrol, the job they’ve done, is incredible. The job that ICE is doing is incredible. And we have run out of space. We can’t hold people anymore. And Mexico can stop it so easily. They don’t go through a court system every time somebody steps on our land. You step on our land: “Welcome to the United States.” It’s ridiculous.
So Congress — and I know you guys are going to work hard on it — but Congress has to fix our broken immigration laws. We’re the laughing stock all over the world. People pour into this country and we stop them because Border Patrol is so incredible. But there’s a point at which you can’t stop them anymore. We have no detention space, no nothing.
So, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador have done nothing. Mexico has done nothing. And I’ll tell you something: Colombia — you have your new President of Colombia. Really good guy. I’ve met him. We had him at the White House. He said how he’s going to stop drugs. More drugs are coming out of Colombia right now than before he was President. So he has done nothing for us.
Okay. Thank you very much.
Q Will you put DACA back on the table to speed up deportations?
THE PRESIDENT: It’s in the Supreme Court right now. After the Supreme Court.
Armstrong Economics Blog/Politics
Re-Posted Mar 25, 2019 by Martin Armstrong
Mueller’s Report is what was expected. The report does conclude that the Trump campaign did not conspire with Russia during the 2016 election, according to the letter from Barr to Congress. It notes that Mueller’s investigation found the campaign was given “multiple offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign” but no one within the campaign or “anyone associated with it” conspired with Russia.
Essentially, Mueller’s report marked the end of an investigation that was launched in secret months before Trump was even elected by the Democrats. The FBI began gathering clues that made them suspicious of aides to Trump’s campaign under the direction of the Obama Administration which even calls into question Comey’s entire integrity given his white-wash of Hillary’s emails and selling influence via the now-defunct Clinton Foundation.
The FBI probe fueled by Hillary’s dossier she paid to go after Trump mushroomed to include allegations that began with Hillary whether the campaign coordinated with Russian efforts to interfere in the 2016 election. She furthered the idea that Trump himself attempted to obstruct her victory. There was bad blood between Hillary and Putin, to begin with. Putin accused Hillary of inciting a political protest in Russia back in 2011.
Interestingly enough, how do we know the server was hacked since the Democrats refused to turn it over to the FBI? Where is it now? The Democrats seem to have refused to cooperate with the FBI on Russia’s Supposed hacking, and intentionally destroyed the physical evidence of Russian Hacking if it ever existed. Where are the servers, and shouldn’t some Democrats be charged with Obstruction of Justice and aiding espionage for not cooperating in the investigation and destroying evidence? The Democrats (DNC) claimed to have been hacked by Russians ahead of the 2016 presidential election.
However, the timeline rarely is ever looked at in detail and the fact that there was no professional hacking of anyone’s computers. The entire access was simply gained by a fake email saying reset your password known as a phishing email. John Podesta simply did what the fake email said. We all get these and they are not something unique to high-level Russian intelligence, CIA, NSA or any government agency. Teenage kids in their basement try this sort of thing.
The New York Times reported in detail, the FBI discovered that a hacking group linked to the Russian government had gained access to at least one computer at the DNC. However, when the FBI contacted the DNC in September 2015 to let them know, the organization’s tech-support contractor didn’t do much with the information beyond performing “a cursory search of the DNC computer system logs to look for hints of such a cyberintrusion.”
If we assume that there was a professional hack underway, the DNC was notified and did nothing. Indeed, it actually took nine months before DNC officials even held a formal meeting with the FBI about the alleged hack. By that time, it was too little, too late if there was a professional hack, to begin with. The hackers, whoever they were, ultimately had access to the DNC’s network for seven months before top DNC officials ever knew about the attack or hired anyone to combat it. During that time, the hackers stole countless emails and documents, later releasing them to the public.
- September 2015 – The FBI contacts the DNC’s IT department warning that at least one computer has been compromised by Russian hackers. A technician scans the system and does not find anything suspicious.
- November 2015 – The FBI reaches out again to the DNC this time warning them that one of their computers is transmitting information back to Russia. DNC later admitted that IT technicians failed to pass along the message that the system had been breached in typical government worker fashion.
- March 19, 2016 – Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta received a phishing email masked as an alert from Google that another user had tried to access his account. This is not a high-level hack but a very common way to get into anyone’s computer. It contains a link to a page where Podesta can change his password and he shared the email with a staffer from the campaign’s help desk. The staffer replies with a typo – instead of typing “This is an illegitimate email,” the staffer types “This is a legitimate email.” Podesta follows the instructions and types a new password, allowing hackers to access all his emails. This was clearly NOT a major sophisticated hack that one would associate with Russia, CIA, or NSA tactic with unlimited resources.
- June 12, 2016 – In an interview on British television, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange says that the website has obtained and will publish a batch of Clinton emails.
- June 14, 2016 – The Washington Post reports hackers working for the Russian government accessed the DNC’s computer system. They stated that oppositional research on Donald Trump was taken along with staffers’ emails and chat exchanges. The Kremlin came out and denied that the Russian government was linked to the hack. A US official then told CNN that investigators did not yet conclude that there was a cyberattack directed by the Russian government. This was clearly just a phishing email and not even a high-level cyberattack, which we all get from time to time by people trying to into our accounts.
- June 15, 2016 – A cybersecurity firm hired by the DNC posts a public notice on its website describing an attack on the political committee’s computer network by two groups associated with Russian intelligence. According to the post, two Russian-backed groups called “Cozy Bear” and “Fancy Bear” tunneled into the committee’s computer system. In response, a blogger called Guccifer 2.0 claims that he alone conducted the hack, not the Russians. As proof, he posts internal DNC memos and opposition research on Trump. Furthermore, Guccifer 2.0 claims to have passed along thousands of files to WikiLeaks. This was by no means a real hack to even begin with just a low-level phishing email that even a teenager often does and got lucky. Guccifer 2.0 claims were certainly far more credible than the pretend claims by the DNC that this linked back to Russia to start with.
- July 22, 2016 – A few days before the DNC convention, WikiLeaks published nearly 20,000 emails hacked from the DNC server. The documents include notes in which DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz insults staffers from the Bernie Sanders campaign and messages that infer the DNC wants Hillary and not Bernie. Wasserman Schultz resigns in the aftermath of that leak.
- July 25, 2016 – The FBI announced it was launching an investigation into the DNC “hack” when it was clearly just a phishing email, to begin with, and not a cyberattack at all. Although the statement doesn’t indicate that the agency had a particular suspect in mind, the FBI was pointing the finger at Russia.
- July 27, 2016 – During a press conference, Trump talks about Clinton’s use of a private email server while she was secretary of state and calls on hackers to find the 30,000 deleted emails as a joke.
- August 12, 2016 – Hackers publish cell phone numbers and personal email addresses for Nancy Pelosi and other members of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
- September 1, 2016 – Putin in an interview with Bloomberg News, said that he and the Russian government have no ties to the hackers. He said that the identity of the culprit or culprits is not as important as the content of the leaks, and ultimately the hackers revealed important information for voters. That much I would have to agree since nothing was fake or altered.
- September 22, 2016 – Then Dianne Feinstein and Adam Schiff, the ranking Democratic members of the Senate and House Intelligence Committees, issued a joint statement declaring that based on information they received during congressional briefings, they believe that Russian intelligence agencies carried out a plan to interfere with the election without any hard evidence whatsoever.
- September 26, 2016 – During a presidential debate with Clinton, Trump questions whether the DNC cyberattack was carried out by a state-sponsored group or a lone hacker. “It could be Russia, but it could also be China. It could also be lots of other people. It also could be somebody sitting on their bed that weighs 400 pounds.” Indeed, there simply was NO sophisticated cyberattack – just a childish phishing email.
- October-November 2016 – Over the course of a month, WikiLeaks published more than 58,000 messages simply taken from the account of John Podesta, Clinton’s campaign chairman because he gave them the password.
- October 6, 2016 – DCLeaks, a self-described collective of “hacktivists” seeking to expose the influence of special interests on elected officials, published a batch of documents stolen from Clinton ally Capricia Marshall. DCLeaks is later also claimed to have links to the Russian military intelligence.
- October 7, 2016 – The Department of Homeland Security and the Office of National Intelligence on Election Security issued a joint statement declaring that the intelligence community is “confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of emails from US persons and institutions.” According to their statement which is not genuine, they claimed that the document releases on websites WikiLeaks and DCLeaks mirror the methods and motivations of past Russian-directed cyberattacks. But this was not even a cyberattack. It was a low-level phishing email that would not identify a high-level national-level intelligence hacking operation.
- November 29, 2016 – Then, after the election, a group of Democratic senators sent a letter to President Obama demanding he declassifies information about “the Russian Government and the US election” intelligence hacking. The Obama Administration then said publicly that they shared with lawmakers that intelligence claiming Russia’s purpose for meddling in the election was to sway voters towards Trump, rather than broadly undermining confidence in the system.
Phishing Email (Fake Email to Get you to Put in Your Password)
What’s less clear is that there was no sophisticated hacking of the DNC servers. This was simply a low-level phishing email that we all get. This is NOT the hallmark of Russian Intelligence, CIA, NSA or any other major government with all their sophistication. It is truly amazing how people have called this “hacking” which means in the computer world someone breaks into your system – not that you give them your password.
Computer hacking refers to the practice of modifying or altering computer software and hardware to accomplish a goal that is considered to be outside of the creator’s original objective. Those individuals who engage in computer hacking activities are typically referred to as “hackers.”
This simple phishing email has produced a cascade of other criminal investigations targeting people around Trump. The investigation led to the indictment of 34 people and three companies on scores of charges that were never related to the subject matter, to begin with. Dozens of Russian nationals were charged with hacking Democratic computers and spreading disinformation during the campaign. Several Trump aides were convicted of lying to Congress or investigators, or for campaign-finance violations or for tax and bank fraud. All of this for something that was NEVER an actual hack of anyone’s computers.