State Department Urges Coroner To Keep Russian UN Ambassador’s Cause-Of-Death Secret


Tyler Durden's picture

Following the unexpected death of 65-year-old Russian ambassador to the United Nations Vitaly Churkin, conspiracy theorists were stirred up as the ongoing Russophobic Deep State war combined with the deaths of nine Russian diplomats in the last year raised many coincident-questioning eyebrows. Now, as The Hill reports, pouring further fuel on that fire, the State Department asked the New York Medical Examiner not to publicly release information about Churkin’s cause of death.

“In order to comply with international law and protocol, the New York City Law Department has instructed the Office of Chief Medical Examiner to not publicly disclose the cause and manner of death of Ambassador Vitaly Churkin, Permanent Representative of the Russian Federation to the United Nations,”  Office of Chief Medical Examiner spokesman Julie Bolcer said, according to New York Times reporter Michael Grynbaum.

“As outlined in formal requests from the United States Department of State, Ambassador Churkin’s diplomatic immunity survives his death. Further questions concerning this matter should be directed to the United States Department of State.”

Initial reports suggested that there was no foul play involved in the incident and that Churkin died from cardiac arrest, but, as a reminder, Churkin was not alone among Russian diplomats who died of ‘heart attacks’:

1. You probably remember Russia’s Ambassador to Turkey, Andrei Karlov — he was assassinated by a police officer at a photo exhibit in Ankara on December 19.

2. On the same day, another diplomat, Peter Polshikov, was shot dead in his Moscow apartment. The gun was found under the bathroom sink but the circumstances of the death were under investigation. Polshikov served as a senior figure in the Latin American department of the Foreign Ministry.

3. Russia’s Ambassador to the United Nations, Vitaly Churkin, died in New York this past week. Churkin was rushed to the hospital from his office at Russia’s UN mission. Initial reports said he suffered a heart attack, and the medical examiner is investigating the death, according to CBS.

4. Russia’s Ambassador to India, Alexander Kadakin, died after a “brief illness January 27, which The Hindu said he had been suffering from for a few weeks.

5. Russian Consul in Athens, Greece, Andrei Malanin, was found dead in his apartment January 9. A Greek police official said there was “no evidence of a break-in.” But Malanin lived on a heavily guarded street. The cause of death needed further investigation, per an AFP report. Malanin served during a time of easing relations between Greece and Russia when Greece was increasingly critiqued by the EU and NATO.

6. Ex-KGB chief Oleg Erovinkin, who was suspected of helping draft the Trump dossier, was found dead in the back of his car December 26, according to The Telegraph. Erovinkin also was an aide to former deputy prime minister Igor Sechin, who now heads up state-owned Rosneft.

If we go back further than 60 days…

7. On the morning of U.S. Election Day, Russian diplomat Sergei Krivov was found unconscious at the Russian Consulate in New York and died on the scene. Initial reports said Krivov fell from the roof and had blunt force injuries, but Russian officials said he died from a heart attack. BuzzFeed reports Krivov may have been a Consular Duty Commander, which would have put him in charge of preventing sabotage or espionage.

8. In November 2015, a senior adviser to Putin, Mikhail Lesin, who was also the founder of the media company RT, was found dead in a Washington hotel room according to the NYT. The Russian media said it was a “heart attack,” but the medical examiner said it was “blunt force injuries.”

9. If you go back a few months prior in September 2016, Russian President Vladimir Putin’s driver was killed too in a freak car accident while driving the Russian President’s official black BMW  to add to the insanity.

If you include these three additional deaths that’s a total of nine Russian officials that have died over the past 2 years that WeAreChange.com’s Aaron Kesel knows of – he notes there could be more.

French Political Parties Disintegrating


France 50-francs-1986

While Marine le Pen has reversed her position on introducing a new French franc saying she will set the rate at one-to-one to the euro and then allow it to float, whereas previously she said she would peg it to a basket of currencies. Meanwhile, we are looking at the collapse of the Fifth Republic formed by Charles de Gaulle. France is clearly on the brink of another political revolution. It has been astonishing to watch four career political candidates for the presidency be rejected by voters — two former presidents and two former prime ministers. François Fillon is on the ropes for political corruption. He tries to hold on for personal reasons rather than recognizing he is helping to destroy the Fifth Republic.

The French campaign is being usurped by all political outsiders with the Front National’s Marine Le Pen leading and a new youthful former banker, Emmanuel Macron who has been gathering support from the disintegrating political party system. Our model called for the collapse of the Socialists and indeed Hollande could not recover from the lowest poll rating perhaps in world history. The Socialists have instead chosen a very eccentric radical, Benoît Hamon, who champions the same nonsense. This seems to now be shaping up to be a classic battle between the more liberal Macron and the nationalist with Le Pen.

5 Francs 1977 5th Republic of France

The Fifth Republic, France’s current republican system of government, was established by Charles de Gaulle under the Constitution of the Fifth Republic on October 4th, 1958 (1958.758).  Here too, there appears to be the risk of forming a new government (fall of the 5th Republic) by mid 2021.

Iran confirms new successful missile test as tensions with US mount


I would bet that they are a lot closer to the bomb than anyone things, and may actually already have one. Maybe all the North Koreans tests aren’t theirs — what if they are also testing Iranian weapons?

France warns construction giant Lafarge against participating in Trump’s wall project


I’m sure there are American companies that make cement.

As North Korea missile threat grows, Japan lawmakers argue for first strike options


If North Korea starts WW III that would be a shame directly tied to Madeleine Albright and the William Clinton administration.

End Game: Russia Unites Assad, Kurds to Push Turkey out of Northern Syria


Good move!

Polish MP Threatened to be Expelled for Challenging Donald Tusk


Jacek Saryusz-Wolski

Tusk DonaldThe EU is in serious trouble on all fronts. They are lashing out trying to maintain the supremacy of Brussels to dictate to the rest of Europe. Now the Polish MP Jacek Saryusz-Wolski has been threatened with expulsion for opposing the European Council President Donald Tusk, who is a believer in federalizing Europe by force. The EU dream is simply not working, for it was designed with arrogance and the objective to federalize Europe, which they denied at the outset. They assumed the people were too stupid to know what was best for them so they would do it covertly by dictatorship.

The dream of a federalized Europe was to prevent European internal war. It has had the exact opposite effect. This is exposing the centuries of resentment and differences. The EU should have remained as a simple economic trade cooperation entity. This concept of federalizing Europe into a single government to stop war has been a total failure. If Brussels does not stop this insanity, Europe will move once again into internal war.

China Telecom Giant ZTE Pleads Guilty, To Pay $1.2 Billion Penalty For Selling US Tech To Iran


Tyler Durden's picture

In Wilbur Ross’ first public announcement, the former hedge fund manger and current Trump commerce secretary announced that China’s telecommunications giant ZTE has agreed to pay a total of $1.2 billion in penalties and plead guilty to violating U.S. sanctions on Iran, selling US technology to Tehran, and obstructing a federal investigation, ending a five-year probe that has raised trade tensions between the U.S. and China. The penalty was among the largest ever in a sanctions case.

ZTE was accused that over a six-year-long period, it planned to obtain technology products from the U.S., incorporate them into ZTE equipment and ultimately ship the equipment to Iran. The company agree to settle because as the WSJ adds, it avoided a more-devastating supply cutoff of U.S. components, which the Commerce Department slapped on ZTE in March 2016 and immediately suspended as a settlement was negotiated. Without key components such as Qualcomm processors for its smartphones, ZTE’s ability to produce some of its major products could have been crippled in a matter of months, putting it at the risk of bankruptcy.

The Chinese telecom giant will pay an initial fine of $892 million as part of the settlement, and will plead guilty to conspiring to violate the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, among other charges, in the agreement with the U.S. Department of Commerce, Department of Treasury and Department of Justice.

“The highest levels of management within the company approved the scheme,” and the company “repeatedly lied to and misled federal investigators,” said Mary McCord, who runs the Justice Department’s national security division.

The Commerce Department investigation followed reports by Reuters in 2012 that ZTE had signed contracts to ship millions of dollars worth of hardware and software from some of the best-known U.S. technology companies to Iran’s largest telecoms carrier.

“ZTE acknowledges the mistakes it made, takes responsibility for them, and remains committed to positive change in the company,” ZTE Chairman and Chief Executive Zhao Xianming said on Tuesday in a statement. An agreement caps a year of uncertainty for the Shenzhen-based company, which in March 2016 was placed on a list of entities that U.S. suppliers could not work with without a license. ZTE acted contrary to U.S. national security or foreign policy interests, the Commerce Department said at the time.

Commerce will recommend that ZTE be removed from that list if the company lives up to its deal and a court approves its agreement with the Justice Department.

According to Reuters, ZTE said it has agreed to an additional penalty of $300 million to a division of the Commerce Department that will be suspended during a seven-year term on the condition that the company complies with requirements in the agreement. The settlement includes $101 million to settle potential civil liability for Iran sanction violations. The action marks the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control’s largest settlement to date with a non-financial entity.

One of the world’s biggest telecommunications gear makers and the No. 4 smartphone vendor in the United States, ZTE sells handset devices to U.S. mobile carriers AT&T, T-Mobile US  and Sprint. It relies on U.S. companies including Qualcomm, Microsoft and Intel for components.

Ukrainian Revolution Continues


Courthhouse March 2017

Ukraine Russian Troops-RMany people have claimed that the Ukrainian Revolution was all orchestrated by the CIA. That claim comes from the conspiracy side of people who comment without any direct knowledge. I have had friend there. One had the courage to go up to a Russian solider and thank them for protecting them and they allowed the person to take a picture with them. I published that as proof of Russian troops had entered Ukraine well before it was publicly known. (I cropped the photo to remove my source).

While the CIA began to intervene into the politics picking who they wanted for the new government, the uprising was genuine and came from the people. I was reporting in December 2013 that the uprising was starting and it was over corruption. That corruption continues and now the official who is in effect like the head of the IRS is hiding in court and the judges do not charge him because they are all part of the same corruption. Under the law, if he is not charged within 72 hours, he must be released. The people have once again stormed the courthouse and have barricaded it to prevent him from leaving.

His wealth is massive and it is assumed to have been gathered by bribes. The people of Ukraine rose up against the corruption and the West usurped the government for political purposes under Obama and Joe Biden’s son was even put in charge of energy there. The corruption continued and the Obama Administration sought to usurp the rights of the Ukrainian people to resurrect the cold war with Russia. So we are witnessing that the PEOPLE of Ukraine are still not free and the resentment remains as an open sore.

Another Coup Building in Turkey?


Erdogan Flags

Our sources in Turkey are hinting that there is building the resentment against Erdogan and he knows that there is trouble in the wind. Erdogan is desperate to blame the West and find an enemy to point the finger at for all the problems he has caused including the collapse in the currency. Erdogan is now comparing German behavior with Nazi period. These type of attacks upon the West are strategic insofar as they are an attempt to create and external enemy and thus create unity within his country to suppose his policies.

Turkey is a member of NATO and there are missiles stationed there. They should be removed before it is too late. This is part of the growing destabilization of the Middle East. Pay attention to oil also moving forward.